Building Muscle On A Budget with Swift Fitness York
If you have minimal cash to spare or are just looking to reduce your shopping bill and save a few quid, this post will cover a list of 10 cheap muscle-building foods you can base your nutrition plan around.
1. Canned Tuna. 40g protein/can. Buy tuna in spring water or brine.
Average Price £1.20 per can
2. Whole Eggs. 7g protein/egg. Lower your body fat rather than throwing the yolk away if you have bad cholesterol. Dietary cholesterol isn’t bound to blood cholesterol, and the yolk contains half the protein and vitamins A/D/E.
Average Price £1.30 (12 eggs)
3. Whey. 1 scoop whey is 24g protein/30g serving. But don’t rely on whey-only supplements because it’s cheaper. Vary your protein intake.
Cost-wise all depends on which protein supplement you have purchased
4. Ground Beef. 25g protein/100g. Buy 80% ground beef and rinse the fat if lean beef is too expensive. You can reduce the fat content by as much as 50%.
Average Price £3.00 1/2kg pack
5. Milk. 30g protein/litre milk. If you’re a hard gainer and want to gain weight fast and don’t care about gaining a bit of fat, drink 1-gallon raw milk per day. Stay away from milk if you want to lose fat.
Average Price £1 a gallon
6. Frozen Chicken Breast. 25g protein/100g. Cook the frozen chicken breast Consume the chicken breast within 2 months of freezing for optimal tenderness & taste.
Average Price £2.50 (double breast)
7. Cottage Cheese. 12g protein/100g. Cottage cheese is more expensive depending on where you live this is a great source of protein
Average Price £1.25 per 100g
8. Ground Turkey. 25g protein/100g. Expensive cuts are made from turkey breast. Cheaper cuts can contain skin, which increases the fat content. Rinse the fat like for ground beef.
Average Price £2.50 per 400g
9. Canned Mackerel. 23g protein/100g. Canned mackerel is high in omega 3, contains less mercury than canned tuna, and tastes a lot better too.
Average Price per can 80p
10. Liver. 20g protein/100g. Low fat and nutrient-dense. Contrary to what you might believe, the liver is safe. The easy way to cook them is with onions and garlic.
The price depends on which liver you get
Tip. Buy generic food. Buy in bulk to get discounts. Freeze everything.
Thanks, Marcus SFY